Posted on December 27, 2012
It’s that time of year. As Mom, Dad, college room mates and others talk about their plans to lose weight, enjoy life more and pursue their passions in 2013, the staff at MSIPR have compiled our own list of PR agency partner resolutions – things we know we should do better for our clients, our agency and ourselves.
In no particular order, here are the top vote-getters:
- We will not be afraid to tell the truth. This year, if a release has no chance of being picked up, we will tell you even if we know you don’t want to hear it. But we will always have another plan for getting the message out.
- We will make sure we are using all the tools at our/your disposal to tell the story. Multimedia, social networks and visuals tell a richer story than ever before. So why do so many of our clients and colleagues shy away from video and other tools to take the story to the next level? This year, we will push harder here to make sure we’re helping your story get maximum impact.
- Our new mantra: Focus on the soundbite. So much reporting is done via Twitter nowadays. Having a good soundbite, datapoint, or easily digested piece of news can make all the difference. In 2013, we’ll insist on clean, simple messaging in all written materials, interviews, and presentations.
- Two – or ten – heads are better than one. When it makes sense, we’ll push our clients to partner with other companies in thought-leadership efforts. If you’ve got a new solution that is perfect for a particular market, then maybe a speaking campaign, Op-Ed series or YouTube Channel produced in conjunction with other, complementary providers of services to the same audience is a win for everyone!
- Remember that this is supposed to be fun. Brainstorms, wacky ideas, relaxing a bit as a team – all of these can lead to better strategies and results. As a team, let’s all remember to take a minute to enjoy what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with – even when things get crazy.